Enershield-I: Air/water-resistive barrier and Class 1 vapor retarder
Enershield-I is a one component fluid-applied air/ water-resistive barrier that can also function as a Class I vapor retarder. Based on Silica Fortified RubberTM chemistry, this water-resistant, resilient membrane may be spray-, roller-, or brush-applied directly to approved above grade wall substrates. It provides excellent secondary moisture protection behind most wall claddings including brick, siding, metal panels, EIFS and stucco.
Recommended uses of Enershield-I:
As an air/water-resistive barrier over the following exterior wall substrates:
PermaBase® brand cement board or other ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior approved cement boards.
ASTM C1177 type sheathings, including DensGlass® exterior sheathing, eXP® sheathing, GlasRoc® sheathing, Securock® glass-mat sheathing, Weather Defense® Platinum sheathing, GreenGlass® sheathing.
Gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/C1396); new and untreated Exposure 1 or exterior plywood sheathing (Grade C-D or better); untreated exposure 1 OSB; poured concrete/unit masonry; poured concrete/unit masonry treated with Enershield-FIL Block Filler.
Enershield-I provides excellent secondary moisture protection behind most wall claddings including brick, siding, metal panels, EIFS and stucco. A slipsheet is required for stucco claddings.
Features of Enershield-I air/water-resistive barrier and Class 1 vapor retarder
- Approved for projects requiring Air Barrier Association of America (ABBA) performance specifications and quality assurance
- Meets ASTM E2357, ICC-ES AC212 and ICC-ES AC148 requirements; fully qualified as an air/water-resistive barrier and flexible flashing material
- ICC-ESR 3310 evaluation report confirms compliance with IBC, IRC and IECC requirements
- Safe: water-based, low VOC and non-flammable
Benefits of Enershield-I
- As a liquid-applied, continuous membrane it eliminates seams, lap joints and staples; transmits wind load directly to the substrate
- Silica Fortified Rubber technology offers strength, durability and self-sealing properties and require you to apply less material to achieve effective functioning
- Can be applied at temperature at low as 25°F (4°C) when LT Additive is added
- Enershield-I qualifies as both an air/water-resistive barrier and flexible flashing material because it meets ASTM E2357, ICC-ES AC212 and ICC-ES AC148 requirements
- Applicator friendly, quick applying and fast drying; it can be spray-, roller-, trowel- or brush-applied at low wet-film thickness
- Its textured surface allows sealants, adhesives and spray polyurethane foam to firmly bond to Enershield-I
US / Canada Product Information