MasterSet DELVO ESC hydration controlling admixture
Formerly: DELVO ESC
MasterSet DELVO ESC description
MasterSet DELVO ESC extended-set control admixture provides a dispenser-free way of controlling the cement hydration in plastic concrete and wash water. It is a self-contained, dry formulation of MasterSet DELVO admixture designed to control the hydration of cementitious materials in concrete wash water and plastic concrete.
MasterSet DELVO ESC admixture meets ASTM C 494/C 494M requirements for Type B, retarding, and Type D, water-reducing and retarding, admixtures.
- Retarding freshly-batched concrete
- Stabilizing returned plastic concrete and concrete wash water
- Portland cement, fly ash, silica fume and slag cement concrete
What are the unique features of MasterSet DELVO ESC?
- Reduced amount of water needed to clean ready-mixed concrete truck drums
- Reduced need for concrete wash water pits, the resulting wear and tear on front end loaders and disposal charges
- Concrete containing stabilized wash water will experience strength performance equal to or greater than reference concrete without stabilized wash water
- Acts as a cleansing agent to reduce the buildup on fins, reducing maintenance costs incurred from chipping out hardened concrete
What are the benefits of MasterSet DELVO ESC?
- Convenient way to save a load of concrete in emergency situations or job delays
- Economical for transporting concrete for long hauls
- Reduced labor costs of washing out trucks
- Reduced material costs, allowing for a cement reduction of between 47 and 94 lb (21 to 43 kg) when a full 9 yd³ (7 m³) load is batched on top of the stabilized concrete wash water (must be verified by performance testing)
- Improved profitability for the ready-mixed concrete producer
- Reduced environmental concerns pertaining to the disposal of concrete wash water and plastic concrete
US / Canada Product Information
MasterSet DELVO ESC Admixture Placard