MasterSeal 581: A waterproof cement-based coating for concrete and masonry
How does MasterSeal 581 work?
MasterSeal 581 is a portland cement-based coating for concrete and masonry that resists both positive and negative hydrostatic pressure. Polymer-modified with MasterEmaco A 660, MasterSeal 581 creates a low maintenance and highly durable waterproof barrier.
- Vertical and light-pedestrian horizontal surfaces
- Interior and exterior
- Above and below grade
- Alternative to mechanical finishing or rubbing of concrete
- Waterproofing basement and retaining walls
- Bridges and tunnels (non- traffic barring surface)
- Water cisterns
What are the unique features of MasterSeal 581?
- Waterproof to help protect building interiors from dampness and moisture damage
- Breathable, allowing interior moisture to escape without damaging coating
What are the benefits of MasterSeal 581?
- Resistant to both positive and negative hydrostatic pressure, making MasterSeal 581 suitable for use below grade interior and exterior and in water treatment construction
- Compatible with high-performance coatings, including a wide range of architectural coatings and textured finishes
- Hides minor surface defects and blemishes in architectural concrete
- Available in ten landscape colors and custom colors (with minimum order quantities)
US / Canada Product Information
Data Guide (French)
LEED v4 Letter
Safety Data Sheets - Gray
Safety Data Sheets - Pearl GraySafety Data Sheets - White