MasterProtect 8500CI is a
dual-phase reactive penetrating sealer and surface-applied corrosion
inhibitor for steel-reinforced concrete.
How does MasterProtect 8500CI work?
8500CI is a one-component liquid which is sprayed, rolled or brushed
onto new or aged concrete to mitigate corrosion of the reinforcing
- Interior and exterior
- Vertical and overhead
- Above grade
- Steel-reinforced concrete, including cast-in-place, precast, pre-stressed and post-tensioned.
- Building facades, balconies, parking structures, pedestrian walks, bridge decks, beams, columns, docks and piers
What are the unique features of MasterProtect 8500CI?
- Creates a water-repellent surface
- Contains a latent-phase corrosion inhibitor
- Has a flash point above 140°F (60°C)
- Compatible with most subsequent coatings.
What are the benefits of MasterProtect 8500CI?
- Water repellency prevents ingress of moisture and chlorides to attack the reinforcing steel.
- Higher flash point makes It safer to ship, store and handle.
- Saves time and cost of removal if additional coatings are to be applied later.
US / Canada Product Information