MasterPel 240: Water-repellent and efflorescence control admixture with excellent resistance to wind-driven rain
Formerly: Rheopel Plus
How does MasterPel 240 work?
MasterPel 240 multipurpose admixture is used in a variety of water-repellent and efflorescence control applications. This unique formula is based on a novel silane chemistry that is different from that of conventional water-repellent admixtures in the concrete industry. MasterPel 240 admixture also exhibits excellent wind-driven rain resistance and has achieved the highest rating per ASTM E 514. MasterPel 240 admixture meets ASTM C 494/C 494M requirements for Type S, Specific Performance, admixtures.
- Architectural blocks
- Single-wythe masonry construction
- Paving stones
- Segmental retaining wall units
- Concrete roof tiles
- Precast /prestressed concrete
What are the unique features of MasterPel 240?
- Unique formulation
- Part of block producer water-repellency certification program
- Contains components that enhance color and reduce efflorescence potential
- Provides improved material flow and extrusion characteristics
What are the benefits of MasterPel 240?
- Superior water repellency versus conventional water-repellent admixtures
- Significantly reduces secondary efflorescence (improves primary efflorescence control)
- Improves color vibrancy and pigment efficiency
- Increases compressive and flexural strengths
- Increases production rate
- Adds visual appeal
US / Canada Product Information
Data Sheet (French)
Specification for Water Repellent Unit Masonry
Product in Focus: MasterPel 240 and Efflorescence Control
Product in Focus: MasterPel 240 for Concrete Masonry Walls