MasterMatrix UW 450: Anti-washout concrete admixture for underwater applications
Formerly: Rheomac UW 450
How does MasterMatrix UW 450 work?
MasterMatrix UW 450 anti-washout admixture is a patented, ready-to-use, liquid cellulose-based admixture that is specially developed for underwater concrete applications.
Concrete containing MasterMatrix UW 450 admixture exhibits superior resistance to washout of cement and fines, while impeding the blending of external water into the plastic concrete.
MasterMatrix UW 450 admixture meets the requirements of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers CRD-C 661-06, Specification for Anti-Washout Admixtures for Concrete.
- All types of underwater concreting where conventional concrete or placing techniques would result in a high percentage of material loss due to washout
- Mortar and grouting applications where mixtures are typically more fluid and have a higher potential for washout
What are the unique features of MasterMatrix UW 450?
- Reduction in washout of cement and fines
- Reduction in segregation, even with highly fluid, high water-to-cementitious materials ratio concrete mixtures
- Thixotropic action that provides concrete stiffening after placement
- Reduction or elimination of concrete bleeding
What are the benefits of MasterMatrix UW 450?
- Superior and predictable in-place concrete properties
- Dewatering costs reduced/eliminated
- Environmental impact of cement washout in water minimized
- Flexibility in batching procedures
US / Canada Product Information
Data Sheet (French)