MasterLife SRA 20: Shrinkage-reducing admixture
How does MasterLife SRA 20 work?
MasterLife SRA 20 shrinkage-reducing admixture was developed specifically to reduce drying shrinkage of concrete and mortar, and the potential for subsequent cracking.
MasterLife SRA 20 admixture functions by reducing capillary tension of pore water, a primary cause of drying shrinkage.
MasterLife SRA 20 admixture meets ASTM C 494/C 494M requirements for Type S, Specific Performance, admixtures.
- Ready-mixed or precast concrete structures requiring shrinkage reduction and long term durability
- Wet mix shotcrete
- Mortars and grouts
What are the unique features of MasterLife SRA 20?
- Significantly reduces drying shrinkage by as much as 80% at 28 days, and up to 50% at one year and beyond
- Reduces stresses induced from one-dimensional surface drying in concrete slabs and floors
- Reduces carbonation
What are the benefits of MasterLife SRA 20?
- Reduces drying shrinkage cracking and micro-cracking thereby improving aesthetics, liquid tightness and durability
- Reduction in drying shrinkage minimizes pre-stress loss
- Minimizes curling
US / Canada Product Information
Data Sheet (French)
Shrinkage of Concrete Technical Bulletin