MasterFiber MAC 2200 CB: Synthetic macrofiber with chemical bond for low deflection applications
How does MasterFiber MAC 2200 CB work?
MasterFiber MAC 2200 CB product is a chemically enhanced synthetic macrofiber that exhibits superior bonding to cementitious matrices, thus increasing the post-crack load-carrying capacity and toughness of fiber-reinforced concrete. The superior performance of MasterFiber MAC 2200 CB product results from a novel polymer resin technology that provides engineered chemical bonding, a technology breakthrough from BASF. Through this advanced technology and a highly engineered fiber architecture, the bonding capabilities of MasterFiber MAC 2200 CB product far exceed that of the other commercially available polyolefin-based synthetic macrofibers.
- Cast-in-place and wet precast concrete
- Bridge decks
- Concrete pavements
- White topping and overlays
What are the unique features of MasterFiber MAC 2200 CB?
What are the beneifts of MasterFiber MAC 2200 CB?
- Provides post-crack performance equal to that obtained with typical, commercially available synthetic macrofibers at a reduced dosage
- Improves placement and finishing characteristics compared to traditional synthetic macrofibers
- Eliminates the need for welded-wire reinforcement (WWR) and conventional steel bars as secondary reinforcement, depending on the application
- Utilizes an advanced packaging system that improves dispersion, reduces storage footprint and increases bags per pallet, thus optimizing pallet’s capacity
- Reduces construction time and overall labor and material costs
US / Canada Product Information
Data Sheet (French)
Concrete International article