MasterFiber MAC Matrix: Synthetic macrofiber for crack control in concrete
How does MasterFiber MAC Matrix work?
MasterFiber MAC Matrix product is a synthetic macrofiber that is manufactured from a proprietary blend of polypropylene resins. MasterFiber MAC Matrix product is engineered for use as secondary reinforcement to control shrinkage and temperature cracking, and settlement cracking.
MasterFiber MAC Matrix product was created specifically to replace welded-wire reinforcement and No. 3 and No. 4 (10 mm and 13 mm) reinforcing bars that are typically used as temperature and shrinkage reinforcement.
- Composite metal decks
- Industrial and warehouse floors
- Precast concrete
- Residential and commercial slabs-on-ground
- Thin-wall precast
- Tunnel linings
- Wall systems
What are the unique features of MasterFiber MAC Matrix?
- Meets the requirements of ASTM C 1116/C 1116M “Standard Specification for Fiber-Reinforced Concrete”
- Meets the requirements CSA B66-10 “Design, material, and manufacturing requirements for prefabricated septic tanks and sewage holding tanks.”
- The unique MasterFiber MAC Matrix packaging helps to promote even distribution and optimal dispersion of fibers in concrete mixtures.
- Excellent flexural performance
- Excellent finishability
What are the benefits of MasterFiber MAC Matrix?
- Eliminates the need for welded-wire reinforcement (WWR) and small diameter bars used as secondary reinforcement, depending on the application
- Effective tight crack control
- Provides excellent control of settlement cracking
- Improves green strengths and permits earlier stripping of forms with less rejection
- Reduces construction time and overall labor and material costs
- Reduces the effects of handling and transportation stresses
- Increases flexural toughness, impact and shatter resistance
US / Canada Product Information
Data Sheet (French)
Main North Lots Parking Structure Spotlight on MasterFiber MAC Matrix
Wagner Equipment Facility Spotligh on MasterFiber MAC Matrix
News Release: MasterFiber MAC Matrix Replacement for Steel Reinforcement in Concrete Pipe