MasterBrace FIB 300-50CFS: Unidirectional high-strength carbon fiber fabric for the MasterBrace Composite Strengthening System
Formerly: MBrace CF 130
How does MasterBrace FIB 300-50CFS work?
MasterBrace FIB 300-50 CFS is a dry fabric constructed of very high strength, aerospace grade carbon fibers. These fabrics are applied onto the surface of existing structural members in buildings, bridges, and other structures using the MasterBrace family of performance polymers.
The result is an externally bonded FRP (fiber reinforced polymer) reinforcement system that is engineered to increase the strength and structural performance of these members. Once installed, the MasterBrace System delivers externally bonded concrete reinforcement with outstanding long-term physical and mechanical properties.
Recommended uses of the MasterBrace System include:
- Increase load-bearing capacity of concrete beams, slabs, walls and columns
- Improve the seismic ductility of concrete columns
- Improve the seismic response of concrete beam-column connections, shear walls and collector elements
- Improve the seismic performance of masonry shear walls and in-fill walls
- Restore structural capacity to damaged or deteriorated concrete structures
- Increase the strength of concrete pipes, silos, tanks, chimneys and tunnels
- Substitute reinforcing steel mistakenly omitted in the construction of concrete and masonry structures
- Improve the blast resistance of concrete and masonry structures
- Strengthening of some steel and timber structures
- Vertical / Horizontal
- Exterior / Interior
What are the unique features of MasterBrace FIB 300-50CFS?
- High strength to weight ratio
- Can add significant strength to a structure without adding significant dead load
- Excellent resistance to creep and fatigue
- Withstands sustained and cyclic load conditions
- Extremely durable
- Extremely resistant to a wide range of environmental conditions
- Easy installation
What are the benefits of MasterBrace FIB 300-50CFS?
- Can be installed quickly, even in areas of limited access
- Low aesthetic impact
- Easy to conceal
- Will not significantly change existing member dimensions
- Will form around complex surfaces
US / Canada Product Information
Data Guide (French)
Data Guide (Spanish)