MasterFiber F 70: Fibrillated synthetic microfiber
How does MasterFiber F 70 work?
MasterFiber F 70 product, a synthetic microfiber, is a fibrillated polypropylene fiber manufactured from 100% virgin homopolymer polypropylene resins. MasterFiber F 70 product provides shrinkage and temperature (secondary) reinforcement in concrete applications.
- Residential and commercial slabs-on ground
- Ultra-thin whitetopping
- Bonded overlays
- Architectural precast products and ornamental elements
- Slope stabilization
- Water treatment plants
- Irrigation ditches/channels
What are the unique features of MasterFiber F 70?
- Excellent distribution throughout concrete
- Excellent shrinkage and temperature reinforcement
- Meets the requirements of ASTM C 1116/C 1116M, Section 4.1.3, Type III, and Note 2
- Meets the requirements of ICC ES AC32 Sections 3.1.1 (plastic shrinkage reinforcement) and 3.1.2 (shrinkage and temperature reinforcement)
How does MasterFiber F 70 benefit contractors?
- Replacement for typical light gauge welded-wire reinforcement [(6 x 6 W1.4 x W1.4) (152 x 152 MW9.1 x MW9.1)], depending on the application
- Modifies macro-cracking and micro-cracking mechanisms
- Reduces plastic settlement
- Extends service life with reduced maintenance
- Enhances fatigue strength
- Enhances impact, pullout and surface abrasion resistance
- Reduces permeability