MasterMatrix VMA 450: Viscosity-modifying concrete admixture reduces segregation and sagging
Formerly: Rheomac VMA 450
How does MasterMatrix VMA 450 work?
MasterMatrix VMA 450 organic, viscosity-modifying admixture (VMA) is a premier ready-to-use, liquid admixture specially developed for producing concrete with enhanced viscosity and controlled rheological properties.
Concrete containing MasterMatrix VMA 450 admixture exhibits superior stability and controlled bleeding characteristics, thus increasing resistance to segregation and facilitating placement.
MasterMatrix VMA 450 admixture meets ASTM C 494/C 494M requirements for Type S, Specific Performance, admixtures.
- Concrete containing “gap-graded” aggregates
- Lean concrete mixtures
- Concrete containing manufactured sand
- Concrete mixtures requiring “more body”
- Self-consolidating concrete (SCC)
- Self-consolidating grout
- Pervious concrete
What are the unique features of MasterMatrix VMA 450?
- Increased viscosity
- Thixotropic properties
What are the benefits of MasterMatrix VMA 450?
- Reduces segregation, even with highly fluid concrete mixtures
- Controls bleeding
- Reduces sagging, helping plastic concrete maintain its shape on slopes and arches
- Facilitates production of highly fluid concrete mixtures such as self-consolidating concrete (SCC)
- Facilitates placement of pervious concrete
- Superior and predictable in-place concrete properties
- Enhances surface appearance
- Uniform appearance in high coarse aggregate content and exposed-aggregate architectural concrete
- Provides flexibility in mixture proportioning
- Provides concrete stability during transport and placement