MasterCast 900S: Plasticizing admixture for improved cement and pigment dispersion in manufactured concrete products
Formerly: RheoFIT 900 S
How does MasterCast 900S work?
MasterCast 900S ready-for-use, liquid, plasticizing admixture is based on a unique, patent-pending chemistry. MasterCast 900S admixture is specially formulated to provide operational efficiencies resulting in cost-savings, while enhancing the aesthetic appearance of concrete pavers, concrete blocks, segmental retaining wall units (SRWs), concrete pipes, hollow-core slabs and roof tiles. When added to dry cast concrete mixtures, the dispersion of cement and pigments is enhanced as the concrete becomes integrally lubricated by the MasterCast 900S admixture.
Recommended uses for MasterCast 900S:
- Concrete blocks
- Segmental retaining walls
- Hollow-core slabs
- Concrete pipes
- Concrete roof tiles
What are the unique features of MasterCast 900S?
- Produces a moderate to heavy swipe texture
- Flexible dosage range
- Excellent mix flowability and extrusion properties
- Optimized cement and pigment dispersion
- Unique plasticizing technology that fully exploits the hydration potential of cement resulting in higher strengths and shorter curing times
What are the benefits of MasterCast 900S?
- Increases production rates
- Increases compressive and flexural strengths
- Improves visual appeal, color and texture
- Reduces breakage and culls
- Potentially reduces cement and color requirements
- Extends life of mold and other machine parts
- Increases tolerance to variation of moisture content in the mix and consequently provides for more homogeneous mix properties at higher w/c.
- Dry-cast concrete mixtures containing MasterCast 900S show increased compressive and flexural strengths, faster production rates, and improved surface finish characteristics
- Significantly improves material flow, compaction, and extrusion characteristics and maximizes the production rate at which dry cast concrete products can be fabricated