MasterAir AE 200: Air-entraining admixture for concretes with air content challenges
Formerly: Micro Air
How does MasterAir AE 200 work?
MasterAir AE 200 air entraining admixture provides concrete with extra protection by creating air bubbles that are ultra-stable, small and closely spaced – a characteristic especially useful in the types of concrete known for their difficulty to entrain and maintain the air content desired.
Even when used at a lower dosage than standard air entraining admixtures, MasterAir AE 200 admixture meets the requirements of ASTM C 260, AASHTO M 154, and CRD-C 13.
Recommended uses of MasterAir AE 200 air entraining admixture:
- Concrete exposed to cyclic freezing and thawing
- Production of high-quality normal or lightweight concrete (heavyweight concrete normally does not contain entrained air)
What are the unique features of MasterAir AE 200?
- Ready-to-use in the proper concentration for rapid, accurate dispensing
- Greatly improved stability of air-entrainment
- Ultra stable air bubbles
What are the benefits of MasterAir AE 200?
- Improved air-void system in hardened concrete
- Improved ability to entrain and retain air in low-slump concrete, concrete containing high-carbon content fly ash, concrete using large amounts of fine materials, concrete using high-alkali cements, high-temperature concrete, and concrete with extended mixing times
- Increased resistance to damage from cyclic freezing and thawing
- Increased resistance to scaling from deicing salts
- Improved plasticity and workability
- Reduced permeability – increased water tightness
- Reduced segregation and bleeding