MasterSeal AWB 660 I air-/water-resistive barrier and Class 1 vapor retarder
(Formerly Enershield I)
MasterSeal AWB 660 I description
MasterSeal AWB 660 I is a one component fluid-applied air/ water-resistive barrier that can also function as a Class I vapor retarder. Based on Silica Fortified RubberTM chemistry, this water-resistant, resilient membrane may be spray-, roller-, or brush-applied directly to approved above grade wall substrates. It provides excellent secondary moisture protection behind most wall claddings including brick, siding, metal panels, EIFS and stucco.
Recommended uses of MasterSeal AWB 660 I:
As an air/water-resistive barrier over the following exterior wall substrates:
PermaBase® brand cement board or other ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior approved cement boards.
ASTM C1177 type sheathings, including DensGlass® exterior sheathing, eXP® sheathing, GlasRoc® sheathing, Securock® glass-mat sheathing, Weather Defense® Platinum sheathing, GreenGlass® sheathing.
Gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/C1396); new and untreated Exposure 1 or exterior plywood sheathing (Grade C-D or better); untreated exposure 1 OSB; poured concrete/unit masonry; poured concrete/unit masonry treated with MasterSeal AWB 600 FL block filler.
MasterSeal AWB 660 I provides excellent secondary moisture protection behind most wall claddings including brick, siding, metal panels, EIFS and stucco. A slipsheet is required for stucco claddings.
Features of MasterSeal AWB 660 I air/water-resistive barrier and Class 1 vapor retarder
- Approved for projects requiring Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA) performance specifications and quality assurance
- Meets ASTM E2357, ICC-ES AC212 and ICC-ES AC148 requirements; fully qualified as an air/water-resistive barrier and flexible flashing material
- ICC-ESR 3310 evaluation report confirms compliance with IBC, IRC and IECC requirements
- Safe: water-based, low VOC and non-flammable
Benefits of MasterSeal AWB 660 I
- As a liquid-applied, continuous membrane it eliminates seams, lap joints and staples; transmits wind load directly to the substrate
- Silica Fortified Rubber technology offers strength, durability and self-sealing properties and require you to apply less material to achieve effective functioning
- Can be applied at temperature at low as -4 °C (25 °F) when MasterSeal AWB 960 AC is added
- MasterSeal AWB 660 I qualifies as both an air/water-resistive barrier and flexible flashing material because it meets ASTM E2357, ICC-ES AC212 and ICC-ES AC148 requirements
- Applicator friendly, quick applying and fast drying; it can be spray-, roller-, trowel- or brush-applied at low wet-film thickness
- Its textured surface allows sealants, adhesives and spray polyurethane foam to firmly bond to MasterSeal AWB 660 I
US / Canada support literature
NFPA 285 Reports for MasterSeal AWBs - Summaries of various wall assemblies that meet the requirements of NFPA 285
Equipment recommendations for application of MasterSeal AWB air and water-resistive barriers: MasterSeal AWB 660 I
LEED v4 Letter for MasterSeal AWB 660 I
MasterSeal AWB 660 I Guide Specifications
MasterSeal AWB 660 I LEED Letter
MasterSeal AWB 660 I vapor and air barrier
MasterSeal AWB Self Sealing Fastener Application
MasterSeal AWB Spray Application Guidelines
MasterSeal AWB on Framed Construction Details
MasterSeal AWB on Framed Construction Guidelines
MasterSeal AWB on Masonry Construction
MasterSeal AWB on Masonry Construction Guidelines