MasterLife AMA 100: Integral antimicrobial concrete admixture
How does MasterLife AMA 100 work?
MasterLife AMA 100 is an EPA-registered liquid integral concrete admixture for the prevention of microbial-induced corrosion (MIC) typically found in concrete tanks, pipes, manholes, and other structures/elements in sewage and drainage systems. Based on a novel organosilane chemistry, MasterLife AMA 100 admixture molecularly bonds to cement hydration products and ruptures the cell membrane of harmful bacteria and other micro-organisms on contact through an electro-physical mechanism. This creates a concrete surface that is not conducive to the growth of harmful microorganisms.
- Cast-in-place concrete used in sewage and drainage systems
- Precast concrete tanks, pipes, manholes, and similar structures/elements used in sewage and drainage systems
- Shotcrete (for pipelines and tunnels)
- Rehabilitation of deteriorated concrete elements in sewage and drainage systems
What are the unique features of MasterLife AMA 100?
- Electro-physical destruction mechanism
- Integral part of concrete matrix
- Broad-spectrum protection
What are the benefits of MasterLife AMA 100?
- Protects concrete from microbial-induced corrosion
- Ruptures bacteria cell membrane on contact and prevents colonization and growth of
acid-producing bacteria on concrete surfaces
- Repeated contact of bacteria with concrete treated with MasterLife AMA 100
admixture will not diminish the effectiveness of the product
- Protection stays effective even if the concrete surface is abraded
- Protects against several microorganisms, including, gram positive bacteria, gram
negative bacteria, fungi, algae, yeast, and mildew