Solutions for sustainable construction
BASF Construction Chemicals provides products and solutions to help building owners, design professionals, concrete producers, and contractors build and restore structures. Our solutions perform to the highest standards while considering safety and minimizing environmental impact. Our solutions have been contributing to sustainable goals for over 100 years. We simplify and streamline the construction process by offering sustainable solutions that perform, analyses that quantify sustainable benefits and knowledgeable partners to help solve our customer’s demanding and day to day challenges.
Products and technologies for sustainable construction
We contribute to sustainable construction by primarily offering products and systems that
- help reduce the risk exposure of contractors who build our structures
- help lower energy, water usage and material waste both during and post construction
- help reduce carbon emissions and improve heat management
- increase durability and protect structures to make them last longer
Although we are an active and supporting member of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), sustainability is about more than just LEED credits. We strive to help our customers develop solutions that reduce the environmental impact of a structure, improve the health and safety both during and post construction and do so in a way that creates value for our customers and their customers.
Green Sense Concrete
With Green Sense Concrete, BASF introduces a revolutionary advanced concrete mixture proportioning service that achieves new levels of performance, economics and sustainability. Green Sense Concrete is an environmentally-friendly, cost-effective concrete with optimized proportions in which supplementary cementitious materials, non-cementitious fillers, or both, are used with special Master Builders Solutions brand MasterGlenium high-range water-reducing admixtures and/or MasterSure Z 60 workability-retaining admixture to meet or exceed performance targets.
Green Sense Concrete is a new concrete that, relative to a baseline reference mix, attains desired setting characteristics, strength, durability, and if needed, a higher slump at a reduced cost to the producer. The innovative Green Sense Concrete allows producers to increase their profitability, provide the contractor with a user-friendly mix that pumps and places efficiently, increases the service-life of structures, and offers the opportunity to positively influence the environment.
Benefits of Green Sense Concrete:
Because Green Sense Concrete is optimized for cost and performance, many tangible benefits can be realized by the entire construction team.
- Optimized and economical concrete composition cost
- Faster truck discharge
- Desired setting time, slump retention, and strength performance
- No water needed at jobsite – less performance issues / callbacks due to water addition
- Highly flowable slump concrete: 8.0 in. (200 mm) – if desired
- Good workability, pumpability and finishing characteristics
- Faster placement and production
- Desired durability performance
- Lower shrinkage and cracking potential
- Contributes toward LEED credits
Environmental Agencies / Community
- Less cement / CO2 / energy used per unit of concrete produced
- Less by-product materials targeted for landfill
To learn about the environmental benefits of Green Sense Concrete mix optimization service and the potential LEED credits that can be earned with Green Sense Concrete, click here