Solutions for Sustainable Construction
BASF Construction Chemicals provides products and solutions for building and restoring structures that meet the highest standards while considering cost, environmental impact and safety. We simplify and streamline the construction process by offering
- sustainable solutions that perform
- services that quantify sustainable benefits
- knowledgeable partners to help solve your sustainability challenges
Products and technologies for sustainable construction
The Master Builders Solutions portfolio contributes to sustainable construction by offering products and systems that:
- contribute to safer, healthier environments
- reduce energy, water and material consumption (during and post construction)
- reduce carbon emissions and benefit the environment
- increase durability and protect structures to extend their life
Learn more about our solutions for sustainable construction
Resources for LEED projects
USGBC LEED: BASF is an active and supporting member of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), and has LEED APs and LEED Green Associates on staff to help customers identify the products and solutions that contribute to LEED certification. Contact us about LEED questions.
Living Futures Institute: BASF has incorporated the Living Futures Institute Red List into our product evaluation review. For more information on the Living Building Challenge, click here.
Tools for quantifying sustainability
Third-party validated tools and services: construction professionals can evaluate and compare the sustainability of product solutions for making informed decisions. BASF offers:
Life cycle analysis (LCA) – a quantitative analysis of environmental impacts of product and processes over their entire life cycle. An LCA determines the significant levers on environmental product performance supporting market communications.
- Carbon Footprint – a phase of life cycle assessment aimed at understanding and evaluating the magnitude and significance of a products Global Warming Potential (based on ISO 14067 and the GHG Protocol Product Standard).
- Eco-Efficiency Analysis for Concrete Mixtures (EEA) – The concrete EEA is a comparative assessment of economic and environmental impacts of two or more concrete mixtures based on life cycle assessment (LCA). Learn more
- Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) Service for Concrete Mixtures – An EPD captures verified environmental information about a product. BASF can create product specific, externally verified concrete EPD for concrete producers. Learn more
- Material Transparency Reports – LEED v4 compliant, third-party certified reports that provide complete content inventory of a product to at least 0.1% (1000 ppm). Learn more
LEED Letters – available for LEED 2009 projects.
Living our commitment
Our facilities serve as a tangible example of BASF’s commitment to sustainable construction. One example of this is the BASF Construction Chemicals facility in Shakopee, MN, which was awarded LEED O&M Silver Certification in 2009, only the third building in Minnesota to earn LEED certification on an existing building. The BASF North American headquarters in Florham Park, NJ, achieved double platinum certification in 2012 – the fifth construction project in the US to earn this prestigious certification. We take a holistic approach to sustainable construction and continue to work to improve all our facilities - whether LEED certified or not. We believe that as a supplier of products and solutions to this market, our work to constantly improve our buildings allows us to more fully understand what it takes to participate in sustainable construction projects.
Our BASF experts are available to help you meet your sustainability goals, however large or small. David R Green is dedicated to sustainability for construction chemicals and will share his expertise and direct you to additional resources. You can reach him at email@example.com.